Funny Poems: Poetry Which is Funny
Poetry is often inspired by daily occurrences. This humorous lines are not an exception. Many of these are based on classical Mother Goose and other famous songs throughout history.
Of course, having inspiration for all types of poetry is a must. No matter the place or time, writing down ideas is a great way to conjure more writings in the future.
Many of these poems are of the short nature. This is generally my favorite because they are easier to comprehend and are quick to read and memorize. They should be suitable for children, so if you like these versions better, feel free to use them.
What's the fastest way to get better English grades? Grammarly will correct your mistakes for you, ensuring that you hand in a perfect paper every time! And it's now free!
- Cat, Cat - Based off "Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss.
- The Dog Had the Giggles - Based on "Hey Diddle Diddle."
- Gary, Gary, Quite Hairy - Based off Mother Goose's "Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary."
- Happy, Happy Birthday - Since the other version is copyrighted.
- Jack and Jill - Sound familiar?
- Little Bo-Peep - Again, sound familiar?
- Little Time Warner - From the nursery rhyme "Little Jack Horner."
- Old Queen Joel - "Old King Cole" could never match this poem. Right? Right?
- Waaa, Waaa, White Dog - "Baaa, Baaa, Black Sheep" is wonderful, but this is my version.